At Springfield Comprehensive Treatment Center, we understand the fears and worries than can accompany the decision to get help for an opioid addiction, and we want you to know that we will do everything in our power to make your treatment experience as successful and stress-free as we can.
You will notice our commitment to superior service during your intake appointment, when you will see that we have taken what can be a complicated and frustrating process and streamlined it to make the most efficient and effective use of your time.
First, before you can begin to receive medication assisted treatment at Springfield Comprehensive Treatment Center, you must meet two admissions requirements:
- You must be age 18 or older
- You must have been opioid dependent for at least one year
Once we have established your eligibility for treatment, we will schedule your intake appointment. Please note the following important requirements for this session:
- If you are a male or a non-pregnant female, you must arrive for your intake appointment in a state of withdrawal, with your last opioid use having occurred 20 to 24 hours ago.
- If you are pregnant, you should not be in withdrawal when you arrive for your intake appointment.
You should plan to spend two to four hours at our center during your intake appointment. During this time, you will complete the following steps:
- Provide valid photo identification. We will accept a state-issued ID card, a Driver’s license, or a passport as proof of identity.
- Provide your insurance card, if you intend to pay for treatment with insurance.
- Pay your intake fee with cash, a money order, or a credit card that has been issued in your name. Even if you will be using insurance, you must pay your intake fee during your initial appointment.
- Provide your records if you are transferring directly from detox or from another medication assisted treatment program.
- Fill out paperwork and answer questions about your personal, medical, treatment, and substance abuse history.
- Complete a physical examination with a member of our medical staff.
- Provide a urine sample for a drug screening.
- Take a TB test (unless you can provide proof that you have passed a TB test within the previous two years).
The following information applies only to female patients:
- Your intake appointment will include a pregnancy test.
- If you are pregnant, you must provide a written consent form from your OB/GYN, and you must sign a release of information so we can coordinate care.
- If you are pregnant but are not currently seeing an OB/GYN, we can provide referrals for prenatal care.
One final important note for all prospective patients: Though our goal is to start your treatment as soon as possible, the decision to prescribe medication on your first day will be made by a member of our medical staff after careful review of your information. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will receive medication on the same day that you complete your intake.
For more information about admissions criteria or the intake process, please call Springfield Comprehensive Treatment Center at your convenience. We look forward to answering all of your questions and helping you take your first steps toward a drug-free future.