Proudly serving the Springfield community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
Those who are addicted to substances typically have more to defeat outside of just their dependency to one or more substances. Addiction is not usually caused by the physical act of consuming a drug; rather it is often triggered by a number of emotional factors that can add to the development of an addiction. As a result, it can be incredibly beneficial for individual therapy to be included into the treatment that an individual obtains for addiction.
Individual therapy is a method of treatment that includes a counselor in a private setting. This form of therapy can be highly beneficial in the following ways:
- Patients can identify and address trauma that might have lead to the development of the addiction.
- Patients can create perspectives that appropriately relate to the obvious and underlying causes of addiction.
- Patients can establish a new skillset that helps them better cope with stress or negativity.
- Patients can work through obstacles and process achievements throughout treatment.
- Patients can develop coping strategies that allow them to successfully avoid compromising situations where their recovery might be tested.
- Patients can set personal goals for the present and future.
Learning how to appropriately process one’s own emotions, feelings, and behaviors can significantly prepare a patient for a future that is no longer riddled with substance abuse, but is instead free of drug-use entirely. Individual therapy is an excellent place to discuss these issues, as by doing so, patients can receive the support they need from their counselor.
Individual therapy can be beneficial in a number of other ways by producing the following results for patients:
- Increased sense of self-awareness
- Improved self-esteem
- Reduced stress
- Increased self-confidence
Each of these benefits can help serve as a solid foundation for a patient to continually move towards long-lasting recovery that is not tainted by substance abuse.
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
At Springfield Comprehensive Treatment Center, we feel that individual therapy is a critical component in the treatment of those who are trying to get clean from heroin or prescription pain medications. Allowing patients to work through their recovery with a counselor can not only help them emotionally, but also in ways that allow them to continually follow the recommendations they have received throughout their medication assisted treatment. Our empathetic and skilled counselors can check in with patients to see how they are moving forward in their treatment, as well as talk through any issues they might have while obtaining care at our center.